Our mother's did it...
Our grandmother's for sure did it...
Our great-grandmothers had no choice but to do it...
So why don't we do it?
Hanging our clothes to dry is actually a wonderful treat. There is nothing like the smell of sunshine and the crispness from line drying.
Here are a few hints that I use to save a fortune on electrical costs, especially during Summer.
1. Use 1/4 c. vinegar in your wash cycle to function as fabric softner. It keeps your clothes smelling fresh and keeps them soft for line drying.
2. Shake your clothes out when you are moving them from the washer to the dryer.
3. I always use the clothes dryer to dry my towels.
4. Use 409 to get out tough stains. Someday I will do an entire post about 409. It works!!! Spray it on all your stains, then wash. If the stain doesn't come out, then repeat. Do not put it in the dryer until the stain is removed.
5. Use Borax in your machine vs Oxi Clean, it works so much better.
6. I have learned to spread my clothes out on the line pinning the creases. It's like a free ironing job!!!
7. Don't let the dogs out why you have clothes on the line.... it makes for a MESS....
Enjoy the Sunshine in your everyday life,
The Cute Couponer