The Cute Couponer

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Building a Stockpile From Scratch



Slow and Steady Wins the Race


Have you ever wondered how people get these massive stockpiles?  I know when I first started couponing I sure did.

I saw two car garages converted to mini personal grocery stores and I used to wonder how on earth do they do that.

For real?

I was in shock. I had to figure out how to do that!

Now like any new couponer I was in a big hurry to build my stockpile in a hurry so I overspent.

DONT DO THIS!!!!

Slow and steady always wins the race...

Yes tv shows like Extreme Couponer show these massive shopping trips where you get a $1000.00 worth of groceries for like $20 bucks but let me tell ya, that is the Extreme not the norm.

Most stores do not have sales like that every week. Remember the stores want to look good for tv too.

The most important thing I have learned couponing is that slow and steady wins the race.

There are weeks that I can truly cash in but as a whole I am buying multiples of maybe 10 or so items a week.

This first year couponing has been an adventure.

I have failed you in showing you my weekly shopping trips.

So my focus this year is going to be showing you three main things.

1. Showing you my weekly shopping trips

2. Showing you my frugal lifestyle ( I don't just buy groceries and household goods)

3. Showing you how it can be done and be healthy in the process!

Frugal living is a way of life. It should be fun. I would argue any day that my life is just as great as a millionaire but the only difference is I am my own maid. I don't own a yacht. I don't drive a mercedes.

Remember millionaires have debt too!

My main goal is to have fun! If I can help people along the way that is great too.

This year is going to be the best year here at The Cute Couponer.

I have a new computer, a new cottage to live in,  a new family on the way, and a brand new approach to saving money.


Happy Spring Ya'll,

The  Cute  Couponer




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Artemisa Blogs and Web