The Cute Couponer

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Why did I start couponing?



There isn't one day that goes by that someone doesn't ask me why did I start couponing. Well the truth is there are a few key reasons that made me begin. I was sitting in the waiting room of a doctor's office with my mom and picked up a magazine that told me the story of a young couple with a child where one parent lost a job and the other parent learned to coupon. Now they are living better than they were when they both had jobs. I did a double take and said what? Excuse me? It gave me a website address I jotted it down put it in my purse and must say it sat in my mind. Being the investigator that I am you know I absolutely had to check it out. First the information seemed a bit overwhelming and wasn't relative to the area I lived in so I put it out of my mind and let it sit. A few weeks later when I was at my bi-weekly trip to the grocery store I just stood in shock at how quickly the prices had gone up from the last time I shopped. I thought how can we keep affording this? I knew  I was going to have to figure this out.

        See my mom's health is in jeopardy and the purchases I make directly affect her overall health. We buy lots of  organics and fresh fruits and veggies.  Have you seen the cost of veggie burgers lately? How about a bag of apples? Eating healthy costs more now than ever before.

         Another key factor was I have a pile of dogs to feed. I'm not crazy over commercial dog food so I knew that I needed to find a way for some major savings.

        Last but certainly not least paper goods. Now I can't begin to tell you how utterly annoyed I am everytime I go to the store and see what the cost of toilet paper, paper towels, and napkins are. It's disposable. It costs that much to wipe your hiney? That's stinkin crazy!!!!!

         So fast forward two months later and voila I have managed super-sized savings. See the key to couponing is you must stick with it. If you piddle at it that's about what you'll get a drip of savings. If you stick with it you will get a pile of savings.

           One of my brothers hadn't been in the grocery store twice in the last two years and now he actually volunteers to go with me. Every time I hit the store I get asked by another shopper does it really work? I say of course. I just stick with it. I love my coupon buddies.

         Now enough about me let's talk about you when are you going to start your savings? A coupon a day keeps the debt away.

          Have a Happy Sunny Day,

                            The Cute Couponer

P.S. Hopefully the computer guy can load my pic.'s tonight !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Artemisa Blogs and Web