The Cute Couponer

Friday, August 20, 2010

Dr. Pepper Brownies Day 6

I know my recipes have been a long time coming, but I want to share with you one of my new favorites. Dr.Pepper brownies sound weird but I can assure you they are delicioussssssssss.

For the batter

1C. butter
1C. Dr.Pepper
2C. Flour
2C. Sugar
1tsp. Salt
4 Tbsp.of cocoa
1/2 c. buttermilk
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla

First, heat the butter and Dr.Pepper on stove until butter is melted.  Make sure you have the temperature is on low.


Next, mix the dry ingredients together.

Then combine the buttermilk, baking soda, and vanilla. Then add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients. Make sure it's distributed evenly.

Then add the Dr.Pepper mixture. (it's very runny)


Pour into a 13x9" Pyrex dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.



Now for the frosting...

Bring to boil
1/2 C. Butter
6 Tbsp. Dr.Pepper
3 Tbsp. of Cocoa


Once boiling mix with 21/2 C. of Powdered Sugar. You want the icing to be warm and you wanna spread it on the warm cake.


Cut it into squares when it cools, and it stays warm forever. It must be the DP.

You might wanna serve these yummy brownies with a glass of milk. They are super sweet.

I wanna thank my friend Debra's sister in law Deanna for introducing me to this great new recipe.You might have noticed it's egg free.

I will add the pictures a little later this evening.

In the meantime, I have lots of cooking to do. Check back often this weekend.


Happy Friday Evening,


The Cute Couponer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Artemisa Blogs and Web