The Cute Couponer

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Take The 30 Day No Eating Out Challenge


                            Starts Sunday August 10, 2010


I've been toying around with the idea of doing a 30 day no eating out challenge. That means no breakfast, no lunchie, and no din din eating out. It means no pop, no coke, no ice-cream sundaes, no chips out of the vending machine and no eating in the cafeteria at work. Every single time I eat out I realize that I can save a small fortune by eating at home and usually it taste sooo much better. My family and friends always say they wish I would just make it at home. NOW IF THEY WOULD JUST DO THE DISHES...WE WOULD HAVE A DEAL!!!!

After much thought and feedback I decided I'm so going to do it and with pretty pictures too. Don't worry I have my camera charger back I just can't get those darn pictures to load. I'm definitely thinking that in order for it to work right this is what's going to happen. I am going to post last night's dinner the next day. What do you think?

Everybody keeps telling me they want fast, affordable, easy, healthy, and fun recipes. It seems you all want to know how much it's going to cost too!

Now for the fun part, I want you all to take the challenge with me. Regardless of what the holiday or special occasion is why don't we all help each other out and take the challenge together. I promise to do my part and come up with delicious recipes and to stay true to my word. All I need for you to do is sign up to follow the blog and take the challenge with me. The reward to you is alot more money in your pocketbook at the end of the 30 days and a new habit that will save us all a fortune a year.

What I need for each of you to do is to start thinking about how much money you spend every month on eating out. Dig out those check card receipts ladies and gentleman.Estimate how much change you pop in the vending machine at work. Figure out just how much you spend at 7- eleven every single time you pop in for gas too. Don't forget to add Starbucks, the donuts you pick up on the way to church, and all the money you drop at the ice cream shop and food court at the mall. The only way this is going to work is if we are all honest with ourselves.

I almost screamed last night when I saw the $400 + a month we spent on eating out and all these silly little things,when I have a full pantry at home. In case you missed that it means I would give myself a raise of $4,800.00 a year.

So I pose this challenge to all of you. Will you join me? Can you or will you choose to take the 30-day no eating out challenge?

If you are going to participate please click the follow button on the side of the blog and post a comment at the end of this post.

Whatcha think? Can we or will we make it through the 30 Day No Eating Out Challenge?


Take the Challenge,


The Cute Couponer

7 comments:

  1. I've done this twice since we moved from the city to the country and (although it was difficult and I did experience withdrawl) it was very worth it in the end! I lost weight (5 lbs) and I desire to eat out much less now! Good luck with your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm joining you! I eat for free at work, so I'm not counting that as eating out. I will post pictures and recipes every Sunday for the previous week. It's too much for me to do everyday! HA! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Our first taker Brandy! We are so going to make it through this! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll join your 30 day challenge. What a great concept and I could use a $4800/year raise! I love to cook and rarely eat out, but I do give in once or twice a month. My husband eats out for lunch daily through the week, so I need to plan to great brown bag lunches. I'm excited to see how much we can save!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count The Reed5 in! Tonight is crab cakes, rice, roasted apsparagus, blackened talapia, and crab stuffed talapia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my dear Stacy how I wished you still lived in the city so I can invite myself to dinner!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Artemisa Blogs and Web